Tuesday 3 December 2013

Importance of Covers

I can't remember if I've blogged specifically about how the new covers for The Ethereal Crossings has helped sales or now, so I'll just do it now!  When you publish books yourself, one of the first tips you'll get from any experienced writer is to make sure your book is properly edited, then next is getting a damn good cover.
Because the cover is what people see first.

Since I changed my covers for The Ethereal Crossings, sales have been better--I've gotten twice as many downloads for Shadeland specifically, and for Christmas I'm expecting Fenridge and Northcliffe to really pick up.

They went ...



See the difference?

While I quite liked my original cover, I didn't think it said "I'm a mystery, PICK ME UP NOW".  I think Shadeland is now much better off, along with Fenridge and Northcliffe :)

As for more specific sales numbers, normally I would get around 400-500 downloads a month for Shadeland, and with the new covers it is now well over 900 for the month between various retailers.  So if you're going to publish your book, I suggest you get a professional to do it (it's worth the price) especially if you're getting print copies done through Createspace.

My other covers were...
And...
*New covers designed by www.bookcoversale.com*

That was all, just thought I would share how changing the covers has increased downloads/sales :)

No comments:

Post a Comment