Saturday 4 January 2014

Astral Bodies - Sneak Peek

Here's a look at Astral Bodies, my upcoming serial novel.  This paranormal murder mystery will be out on or at least around March 1, 2014!  So be on the lookout for it :)

I jumped up, throwing my book across the room and knocking my tea over.  There was a scream trying to crawl out of my throat, but I managed to choke it down and breathe again.
“What the hell?” I questioned.  I searched my memory but everything began to blur together.  All I knew was that I found a body in the Arrow Woods, and the killer was still there.  Ignoring the spilt tea, I jumped from bed and grabbed my cell phone, ready to call the police.  But I had to stop myself.
How would I explain seeing that to them?  Another idea struck, and I headed from my dorm, not even bothering to put my robe on.
The university still had a couple old pay phones hidden in it’s shadowy corners.  Nobody used them anymore, and I prayed they were still functional.  As I approached them I searched the lobby for anyone that might notice me, but found myself alone.  I was behind the front desk, the woman there busy playing some game on her cellphone.
I picked the phone up quietly, keeping my eyes on the front doors, and dialled 911.
When they picked up I interrupted them and said, “There’s a body in the Arrow Woods, near the falls.  The killer made a fire and they’re doing some sort of…ritual, I think.  You should hurry.”
I felt sick.  Every inch of my good natured being was ordering I answer the operator as they asked my name, but instead I hung up the phone.  I licked my lips and closed my eyes a moment, allowing my hands to shake.
I took a deep breath.  It was over now; I’d done my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment